Intergenerational Trauma Therapy
Healing Old Wounds that Still Hurt
You Didn’t Even Know It was Trauma
You didn’t know what you were feeling or experiencing was trauma. What you did know is that you learned thoughts or actions were a certain way — and the consequences for thinking or behaving any other way were severe. You learned to accept it was just the way things worked. After all, your parents and their parents seemed to believe that was the case.
But now you’re questioning whether things really have to be this way. Do you have to live a life full of fear, sadness, or anxiety?
It feels like it may be time to break the pattern.
You need a healing environment that:
- Understands trauma, including intergenerational trauma that’s passed down over time, and works with you to identify the cause of your concerns so that you can heal those emotional wounds
- Can help you re-establish feelings of safety, trust, and control by helping you understand your behaviors and where they originated
- Gives you the tools you need to stop the trauma cycle before you pass it on to the next generation
- Helps you learn what your triggers are and what causes them, so you can learn to process and respond to these situations more healthfully
Intergenerational Trauma Therapy at Integrative Life Center
Intergenerational trauma is real, and it affects families for decades to come. Finding a way to process, understand, and heal from past and learned experiences is essential. Even if the trauma didn’t originate with you, it can stop with you.
Intergenerational Trauma Therapy at Integrative Life Center helps individuals process, understand, and overcome issues resulting from traumatic experiences. We offer an array of holistic and evidence-based therapies to treat mental and physical issues resulting from experiencing trauma.
Creating an individualized therapeutic plan based on a combination of therapies to fit your needs gives you the best chance to heal.
Integrative Life Center’s Treatment Philosophy
The Integrative Life Center treatment community understands that intergenerational trauma can rob individuals and families of their sense of safety, connection, and dignity. As a result of this understanding, our approach to and philosophy of treatment is:
- Heart-Centered. Our mission is to help you be your authentic self. To assist in this process, we focus on you as a unique individual, respecting who you are and the choices you make due to your life experiences. We lead with empathy, compassion, and confidence to mirror the value we see in you.
- Trauma-Informed. We understand how trauma affects your brain. Your ability to process traumatic events and experiences is a significant part of trauma-related treatment and healing. At ILC, we know the overwhelmingly damaging psychological effects that trauma can have on a person. We use the six key components of trauma-informed treatment — safety, trust, peer support, collaboration, empowerment, and understanding — in everything we do.
- Holistic. You aren’t just a mind or a body. You are a complete individual with the need for well-being for your whole person. At ILC, we focus on healing your mind, body, spirit, and relationships so you can live attuned to your authentic self and with self-agency.
Contact Our Team
"*" indicates required fields