Who is Integrative Life Center?
Integrative Life Center is a group of skilled and dedicated professionals. We are called to serve the recovery community, helping those suffering from trauma, addiction, and mental health disorders.
Where will I work?
ILC started in Nashville, Tennessee in 2010. We have both on-site and remote team members in Nashville, and your location will depend on the job you are hired to perform.
What is the ILC team like?
Integrative Life Center is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to hire the best and most dedicated team members in their field. We’re united by our core values, and we celebrate the uniqueness we each bring to the important work we’re doing.
What kind of people work at ILC? People from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences committed to an environment of healing, respect, and kindness.
An Employee-Owned Organization
One of our core values poses the question “would you make this decision if you owned the company?” to help guide and measure our work. It’s a question worth asking at any company, of any team member, but uniquely, ILC asks because our employees do have a stake in our organization. All full-time, salaried employees are given equity in our parent company, Integrative Life Network, meaning that we have a personal investment and responsibility in the way the company is run. It’s a benefit we’re proud to offer our staff, no matter their title.
Job Title: Behavioral Health Technician (RA)
Reports to: Residential Manager
Status: Full Time / Daytime Shift / Overnight Shift
Location: Nashville, TN
Start Date: Immediately
Integrative Life Center is growing! If you have a heart for helping people find healing from addiction, eating disorders and co-occurring disorders, and seeing them transform their lives from the inside out, then this role is for you.
You will play a pivotal role in the everyday responsibilities, tasks and interaction with our valued clients. You will be responsible for a variety of support tasks that are essential to the healing and therapeutic environment of ILC by monitoring and overseeing patient compliance with our program.
The RA assists in client orientation to the ILC facility and program, often being the primary point of contact during residency and providing emotional support and assistance to clients in crisis (under the direction of our highly capable and experienced clinical team). You will participate in transporting and supervising clients to and from their activities, monitor their attendance and participation in those activities, and assist with any self-administration of their medications. You will also participate in any activities or therapies as needed (and is appropriate) and contribute to any performance improvement processes as directed.
This is an opportunity for you to make a tangible impact and meaningful contribution to the clients of ILC who are seeking connection and healing from trauma and the subsequent conditions that resulted from it. Our staff are committed to showing up fully for each other and our clients to ensure that everyone who encounters ILC leaves changed for the better!
Who You Are
You’re a dependable, compassionate, motivated team player and proactive problem solver. Though you’ll be provided with direct supervision and observation (staff meetings, management meetings, in-service activities and annual performance reviews), you are self-motivated to get the job done and work autonomously for the betterment of the program and overall experience of our clients.
Basically, you’ll do amazing at ILC because you…
- You have the resiliency it takes to work in a place where it’s “not about you.” We’re here to serve.
- You love being organized and managing your own workload effectively.
- You are dependable, hard-working, humble, compassionate and a team player.
- You are flexible and go-with-the-flow. You understand that in a growing company where we are working with people and their livelihoods, things can change last minute.
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in. Nothing is too big or daunting for you to figure out or ask a fellow staff member how to solve.
- You desire to make an impact.
- You constantly think about how to communicate better.
- You want an opportunity to be a part of the most significant season in someone’s life and join a mission-driven company.
- You have a basic understanding of stress response and methods to ensure personal well-being.
What this looks like IRL
- Daily written and verbal communication with medical, clinical and administrative staff members
- Taking on the daily tasks and duties of running a household according to ILC’s program guidelines
- Provide administrative support to the Residential Manager
- Daily interaction with clients who often exude behaviors of anxiety, illness, emotional upset, hostility, or are disabled or elderly
- Every day is different; some days are unpredictable and your work is subject to overriding work schedules, shift changes and the needs that arise from client care
- Responding to emergency situations to provide efficient and immediate care to the ill and injured resident.
- Managing general medical complaints of altered mental status, respiratory, cardiac, diabetic, allergic reaction, seizures, environmental emergencies, and psychological crisis.
- High school graduate (AA or BA/BS preferred)
- 1-3 years experience in the behavioral health/substance abuse field preferred
- Current, valid Tennessee Driver’s License
- Specialized training or knowledge in behavioral health and/or chemical dependency preferred
- Ability to work with adult (18+) substance use disordered/mental health disordered population
This position is open until filled (no deadline), at which time this listing will be removed. All your information will be kept confidential. Final candidates will need to agree to a background check and drug screening. Integrative Life Center is a drug-free workplace. We will only contact those applicants that are selected for the interview process.
To apply for this role, please send an email introduction and your resume RAjobs@integrativelifecenter.com with RA – Your Name in the subject field.