Polyvagal Theory Therapy
If You’re Ready to Heal, We’re Ready to Help.
You Want to Understand Your Feelings and Actions
A traumatic life experience shattered your sense of safety. You know trauma caused the behaviors you now have, but you don’t understand why or how to control them. You want to understand why you’re responding the way you are to the trauma you experienced. You also want to feel better and more in control of your life.
You need a healing environment that:
- Understands trauma and works with you to identify the cause of your concerns so that you can heal those emotional wounds
- Can help you understand why your brain and body automatically respond to trauma the way they do and how to train them to respond differently
- Helps you use a better understanding of trauma and trauma response to empower yourself and reestablish feelings of safety and security
You Need a Counselor Who is Your Partner
The Integrative Life Center treatment community is informed by polyvagal theory, which offers insight into clients’ autonomic systems. Helping clients understand how these systems work and how the nervous system responds before a person can even process what’s happening can assist them in better understanding their own responses.
Knowing that their responses are natural, given the trauma they experienced, helps clients feel safe enough to enter their healing journey.
Armed with this information, clients can work alongside their counselor to understand where their responses originate and look at them from an unbiased perspective. This view helps the person process the trauma and the emotions around it. They can then work together to regulate those emotional states and automatic responses.
Treatment at Integrative Life Center
Integrative Life Center patients have individualized treatment plans to best suit their needs. In addition to being informed by polyvagal theory, our approach to treatment is:
- Heart-Centered – Our mission is to help you be your authentic self. To assist in this process, we focus on you as a unique individual, respecting who you are and the choices you make due to your life experiences.
- Trauma-Informed – We understand how trauma affects your brain. Your ability to process traumatic events and experiences is a significant part of trauma-related treatment and healing.
- Holistic – You aren’t just a mind or a body. You are a complete individual with the need for well-being for your whole person. At ILC, we focus on healing your mind, body, spirit, and relationships so you can live attuned to your authentic self and with self-agency.
Contact Our Team
"*" indicates required fields