Being able to successfully move through a program for substance abuse recovery in Tennessee and entering a new life of sobriety will never come without a set of unique challenges. You may be new to the idea of rehab, but you must know that there are unique experiences had by all. The best thing to do is make sure that your fears never hold you back to get the addiction treatment for substance abuse disorders that you need.
There are several common challenges that every addict must face when going through recovery. The more you know and understand the obstacles, the easier it might be for you to get into a program and achieve the success you are hoping for. These are some of the more common personal issues that someone going through addiction and mental health treatment in Nashville might face:
- The need to develop more coping strategies: The ability to get sober with Nashville addiction treatment goes beyond stopping using. You must overcome the triggers and have the tools necessary to handle cravings or stressful situations that may have otherwise lead to using or drinking.
- Dealing with shame or trauma without alcohol or drugs: Many people going through substance abuse recovery in Tennessee will often use drugs or alcohol as a crutch whenever something bad happens. It takes a lot of effort while working through such issues with therapists and peer counseling so that you can hopefully come out on the other side.
- Repairing old relationships while building new ones: You may have many damaged relationships due to your addiction. While at an inpatient drug rehab in Nashville, TN, part of the healing process will be working on bonding with others in the program. However, you also have to work on communication and trust-building with people in your life outside of rehab.
- Boredom: Something many people face when going through Nashville addiction recovery is how to deal with boredom that can sometimes set in. It is important that you not only go through meetings, personal reflection, and activities while in rehab but that you also continue with hobbies, meditation, working, and other things to help you once you leave.
- Relapse: This is a major concern for everyone that goes through addiction treatment. While there are never any guarantees that you will not relapse, the right treatment center will help you to have the tools, life skills, and power to modify the otherwise unhealthy behaviors that you were once used to.
These are just some of the areas that we would love to help you with during your substance abuse recovery in Tennessee. Here at Integrative Life Center, we have a team of caring professionals ready to support you on your journey into sobriety. Contact Integrative Life Center, where you will gain the strength to heal from life’s challenges by calling (615) 891-2226. We have staff standing by and ready to address any questions or concerns you have, including information regarding intake and admissions.Substance Abuse Recovery Tennessee