Anxiety disorders can cause you to experience panic or fear frequently. This could include profuse sweating, a racing heart, shakiness, and shortness of breath. If you would like to find coping mechanisms for your anxiety, Integrative Life Center has experienced therapists and trusted counselors ready to guide your way in Nashville, TN.
Types of Anxiety Disorders
Before you can receive anxiety disorder treatment, you need to work with a therapist to determine the type of anxiety that you have.
The most common types of anxiety disorders include those below:
- Generalized anxiety disorder brings excessive feelings of worry with little provocation.
- Panic disorder involves intense fear that can cause a panic attack. You may have chest pains, a pounding heart, and profuse sweating. Some people mistake this for a heart attack.
- Social anxiety disorder, also known as social phobia, consists of overwhelming worry over everyday social situations. If you have this disorder, you worry about others embarrassing or judging you.
- Specific phobias include an intense fear of a situation or specific object. This may include fear of heights or leaving your house. This can be debilitating as you avoid ordinary situations due to your disorder.
- Agoraphobia is an intense fear of situations where you can’t immediately escape during an emergency. This may cause you to panic on public transportation, standing in line, or flying on a plane.
- Separation anxiety isn’t just for small children. Many people have separation anxiety disorder. This can make you feel anxious when someone you love isn’t within sight. You constantly worry something will happen to those close to you.
- Selective mutism is a subset of social anxiety. Young children who are talkative at home may refuse to speak at school or other public places.
- Medication-induced anxiety disorder describes anxiety caused by prescribing medication or illicit drugs. You may also experience anxiety during detox or while withdrawing from certain drugs.
If any of these symptoms sound familiar, it may be time to seek help for your anxiety.
Connection Between Anxiety and Depression
Anxiety and depression often occur together, though they are separate conditions. Left untreated, these disorders can make it difficult to function normally. These mental health challenges affect people of all ages, including children. Additionally, living with a parent with depression and anxiety disorders impacts children and adults. To achieve total wellness, we provide integrative treatment of these two disorders at the Integrative Life Center’s mental health treatment center.
Anxiety Disorder Treatment at Integrative Life Center
When you struggle with anxiety and depression, it may be hard to find mental health treatment centers that specialize in these disorders. To overcome anxiety disorders, you need the help of a trained and licensed therapist. At Integrative Life Center, we understand how debilitating anxiety and depression can become. Come to our mental health treatment center in Nashville to take the first steps in overcoming your fears.
The programs we offer include evidence-based therapies and holistic treatments to help you become more self-aware and confident.
Some of these programs include the following:
- Dialectical behavior therapy program
- Motivational interviewing
- 12 step practices
- Adventure therapy program
- Experiential therapy program
Mental Health Treatment Center in Nashville, TN
Integrative Life Center offers anxiety disorder treatment and dual diagnosis for clients battling both anxiety and substance abuse disorders. You don’t have to live under the shadow of fear and worry. Let our certified therapists guide you through the process of overcoming anxiety disorders with intentional actions. Contact us at [Direct] to speak to an intake specialist regarding your mental health concerns and find out how we can help you see through pain and regret to a brighter future.