In times of great challenges we are offered a deeper understanding of the true depth and importance of our choices. As healthcare professionals, the ILC team has graciously held tension and space for questions, difficult decisions, changing news, culture shifts, and increasing demands around COVID-19. We responded to the COVID-19 pandemic in March with a restructuring of our admissions format to include a Gold Standard nasal swab test for every admitting client. Once we receive a negative result, clients are then admitted into ILC’s housing and program. We are relieved to report we have not had a client test positive for COVID-19, which we attribute to the precautions and testing measures we have instituted. Our team revisits our structure and protocols around COVID weekly. Even when Nashville city restrictions lifted we maintained our strict protocols to prioritize client and staff safety. Today, we wanted to let you know that ILC is holding that same level of commitment to responsible, fear-free safety and proactive management:
- We continue to COVID test each client upon admission and institute a brief structured and comfortable quarantine period while awaiting results.
- We are COVID testing all new employees and continually promote CDC guidelines while not at work.
- Our small size allows our milieu to remain contained while still participating in in-person therapeutic work.
- We are following the CDC recommended guidelines for face coverings and social distancing.
- We have telehealth options for local commuters as well as select out-of-state commuters.